Monday, February 7, 2011

"The Ground Is Rising!"

So does anybody remember those birds that fell out of the sky at the beginning of January 2011? You know, those thousands of birds that suddenly fell down and died? The ones whose death were a mystery to scientists?

There were many proposed reasons for these birds' deaths. One was that they were affected by New Years' fireworks. If that were true, then wouldn't this have happened every New Years'?

And it wasn't only those birds that died. Unusually large groups of fish died, too, anywhere from the Chesapeake Bay to Brazil to New Zealand. While some might like to place the blame on the USDA (it seems they were responsible for some bird deaths in Nebraska after a rancher asked to have pesky birds removed from his farm), let's face it; we can't blame the USDA for things happening in Brazil or in New Zealand.

Could it be that global warming is to blame? Could it be that either the waters are too warm for the fish or that the birds are suffering from elevated levels of air pollutants?

I've heard many people say they think the end is coming. With 2012 on the horizon, I suppose many people have reason to think this. However, what if it isn't really the end? Should we spend our time being afraid of the end of the world regardless of whether or not it's going to happen soon? Or should we just take a moment to reflect on what we've done--and on what we could do better? Perhaps if we focused our attention on solving problems instead of on fear, then we might be able to prevent the end from coming so soon. . . .

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

--President Franklin D. Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. A deep Apology in order,

    I apologize, after researching a little about your book, and reading your words. I now realize we are just uncannily alike, so much that I almost didn’t believe you when you were typing things that I thought would come directly out of my mouth. You have to realize, I did not know anything about you before this situation. What looked like you taking my idea was really just us being on the Exact wavelength. I knew in my heart that what appeared at face value, wasn’t true. I was sad all day over it, thinking it can’t be true, he would not do this. This will never happen again, I just could not believe we were THAT much alike. I feel so bad that you deleted your page, I would like to apologize officially on my site, and also delete my page. What’s your email, I would like to email you and apologize ::cries::: and the stuff on your blog is very 'me'. please forgive me. email me at kdbass77@nc.rr.com we are so similiar I didn't believe it, when i should've =(

    Kent

    ReplyDelete